Saturday, June 8, 2019

What Now?


I can’t believe I’m back here again. I don’t know why I’m so surprised, I’ve never claimed to be cured of Bipolar Disorder, nor do I think I ever will be. It’s going to happen for the rest of my life. I guess this time is different because I have done pretty well for quite a while. It felt like my depressive states weren’t as long and believe me; I was enjoying that. I’ve felt this way for a week now, and it’s taking everything I have to force myself to sit down and write this blog post.



I should be doing something; anything. Something on a grand scale that cements my legacy. Instead, I feel like I’m failing at life once again. I need to stay relevant. My story needs to stay relevant. But, how can you claim to be a writer when you can’t even write. I’m not suicidal. I put that notion out of my brain in 2013. I can’t even site anything specific that has happened to cause me to feel this way, but despite my best efforts, I do feel this way, and I need to deal with it.



I can’t keep my garbled up thoughts together. I’m struggling, and I’ve crashed hard. 

I keep telling myself, just get up and do it! Why is it so hard? Even writing this, I feel unorganized and disjointed. I don’t know how to get my thoughts together. So I write, regardless. You never know when you can suddenly have a breakthrough or make a connection. You may never even realize you helped someone.



You’re a fighter – I’m a fighter

We have no choice but to make it through this round.



I can’t concentrate, but my head keeps screaming, KEEP WRITING!



Bipolar Disorder is a painful, insidious disease. I’ve experienced depression before that just kind of felt like the blues. This is not that. I’m stuck here in this painful, crippling rut. I can’t even remember my name somedays, but I keep fighting. We did our podcast today, and I spoke to the audience and the guest. Does that mean I feel better? Hardly, it means I can put on a mask if I need to.



Someone out there may feel the same way. I could help people. That would be worth tearing off this band-aid and exposing the wound, wouldn’t it?



So much is racing through my brain. I just don’t want to fail yet again. It hurts, and it’s humiliating. I think when you have Bipolar Disorder, it hurts even worse. I need rest and some way to keep my mind off the bad stuff. So, I’ll figure that out and try to move forward. I can only go up or down, and right now, I feel as if I’m just about as low as a person can go. Here’s hoping something positive heads my way. Until then, I’ll keep trying and keep fighting. That’s all I can do.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your journey with Bipolar Depression. I have a diagnosis of Bipolar Depression as well. I agree with you, that there are times that I can't do anything. I have no purpose in living anymore. I am trying my best to get through this insidious life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and commenting. I know how painful it can be with this disorder, but you definitely deserve a chance at a happy life. Sending love.

      Delete
  2. I can so relate to both this post and the comment left by a reader. I get so lost in my depression so much of the time that I forget what it's like to feel happiness. Same goes for when I'm happy, I forget what the deep sadness feels like. The past two days have been good so I'm thankful for that. The mood swings are the worst because I lose myself and become so irritable, all I feel is dread about absolutely everything and I become so angry and ungrateful sounding. In those moments all I feel is the difficulties in life. I feel nothing good or pleasant.

    Keep fighting guys. It's nice to know I'm not alone in this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading, Brittany!
      And thank you for the comment. I completely understand what you're talking about. I wish I could make it better for all of us!

      Delete
  3. Very well written article mate, thank you for the valuable and useful information. Keep up the good work! FYI, please check these

    depression, stress and anxiety related articles:

    Depression Cure

    What Causes Depression

    10 Things That Really Won’t Cure My Depression

    Depression Quotes

    Myths and Facts about Depression

    Depression Facts


    You can also contact me at depressioncure.net@gmail.com for link exchange, article exchange or for advertisement.

    Thanks

    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed your Article. I just loved it.
    I have one that just got published, you can go through the topic and we provide treatments for more than 300. You can check it out here: homeopathic remedies for anxiety .
    If you like it feel free and share it.
    Cheers,
    Varshi

    ReplyDelete

10 Years

  10 Years   It’s been 10 years. 10 solid years. There’s got to be something bigger…A DECADE.   10 years since my suicide attempt ...